Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Candy corn, part two!


Warning: this is not the most "diabetic" post ever. If you are looking for words of "wisdom" about dealing with diabetes, I'll try to do better next blog.  This one is just kinda silly.  

So, as I mentioned, I love candy corn.  Really.  Like, a lot.  And, as I also mentioned, I bought some candy corn to make a craft, for fall, because...you got it...I love candy corn.  I know that some of you were doubters...you know firsthand the pull of siren call of the candy corn...even if you aren't diabetic, let's face it...there is NO nutritional value in candy corn.  So therefore, no one should really be eating it.  But, let's face it...it's yummers.  

So, just to have the excuse of buying it, I decided to do a craft that I saw last year, but got too lazy to do.  Why not do it this year?  Simple, right up my alley.  

Starts like this:


tray o'candy corn


bags o'styrofoam balls

Then, you apply an amazing amount of hot glue, and glue on each individual candy corn to the styrofoam balls.  Gets a little challenging when you don't have any free space to hold onto.  Broke a few corns, which is just a crying shame, because they have glue on them, so they are just wasted.  Oh, the horror!!

About 1/3 of the way through, I'm thinking, "Oh, these are just going to look stupid!  What a waste of perfectly good corn!".  
kinda lame looking...no potential seen
 
Then, about 1/2 way through, you start to see the potential.  Then, when you are done, they are just kinda cool.  They kinda look like dahlias.  

The point of this blog?  Maybe that I have to find other ways to enjoy candy corn.  
Like, get candy corn socks as a gift from a friend, and wear them to make you feel closer to the Corn..
 
Although, remember that I bought a bag, then was afraid that I might not have enough, so I bought two more?  Well, over time, and quite a few lows, I have gone through one whole bag.  All by my little self.  Oops!  Bad diabetic!!  And, I've used about one bag for this craft...so there's still one bag hanging in the pantry, waiting to be used.  Hmmm...what shall I do with it???


Happy fall everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Always stay close to the corn. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo cute, you are amazing! : )

    ReplyDelete